Freelance Language Experts
Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu
Translation, Transcreation & Review
- Language Experts would need to work on content ranging across topics like Help, Legal, Marketing & UI.
- Reading through original material, reviewing it and rewriting it the target language in case needed, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained.
- Using Translation Memory software to ensure consistency of translation within documents and help efficiency.
- Using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used.
- Using appropriate software for presentation and delivery.
- Researching on relevant phraseology to find the correct translation.
- Liaising with clients to discuss any unclear points.
- Proofreading and editing final translated versions.
- Providing clients with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually as a word-processed document.
- Using the internet and email as research tools throughout the translation process.
- Prioritizing work to meet deadlines.
- Retaining and developing knowledge on specialist areas of translation.
- Following various translation-quality standards to ensure legal and ethical obligations to the customer.
- Best in the Industry + Other benefits
- You should expect to work to an average daily output of Upto 5,500 words for reviewers.
- You should expect to work to an average daily output of Upto 2,000 words for translators.
- The work involves dedication, and you enjoying your work, along with ensuring that the delivery timelines are met.
- This area of work is open to all, with proficiency in the target language, however, a Bachelors / Masters in the target language would be preferred.
- Great command on the target language, along with English.
- A good understanding and in-depth knowledge of language/region-specific cultures
- Excellent writing skills and impeccable grammar.
- Attention to detail, combined with an ability to work quickly to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of a range of computer packages knowledge of translation-oriented applications and software is preferred.
- Eagerness to acquire new knowledge.